Our service provides those companies contemplating a review of their existing process control system to determine the life and reliability as an alternative to spending significant capital funds in purchasing a new system. This service is a proactive refurbishment specifically designed to refurbish those electronic control systems with the aim to extend the life or when requested, improve the capabilities.
It consists of a comprehensive set of engineering inspection, repair, refurbishment and test tasks performed on the electronic circuit boards of the control system (PLC, DCS, CNC or any other specialised equipment). At the end of this process, the control system will be as per new or if required, upgraded to new technology levels which can be brought back in service immediately.
The process of the engineering taken to perform this service includes:
- Identifying the electronic components on the control boards
- Ensuring availability of the above components
- Inspecting the PCB for visible and mostly those faults that are not visible to the naked eye by using sophisticated testing and inspection equipment
- Cleaning the boards and contacts
- Replacing all degradable components (capacitors, resistors, relays, diodes)
- Replacing damaged, compromised or low performance components (connectors, batteries, LEDs)
- Re-soldering the components and tracks to eliminate cold joints.
- Mounting sockets to all major ICs
- Correcting any PCB or circuit faults
- Quality inspection testing
- Commissioning the system
Some of the benefits of this service are:
- Substantial financial savings (40-60%)
- No other infrastructure, hardware or software modification required
- Significant reduction in production downtime
- No additional spare parts or training required
- Reduced life cycle costing
Our survey service is available from Rom-Control as a stand-alone product or packaged with a maintenance plan. Contact Rom-Control today for a quote for comprehensive assessment.