Production breakdowns do happen and sometimes they can be at the worst possible time. Usually the aim is to repair and re-start production with the shortest delay. This can only be achieved with appropriately trained personnel that can quickly diagnose and fix with the confidence to know that there is a minimal risk to equipment and ancillary system and know the production quality is unchanged.
In the last 30 years, highly sophisticated control systems such as PLC’s and variable speed drivers, have created a much simpler repair scenario, which can get your production facility up and running very quick. In a breakdown situation, you don’t have to rely on specialised contractors to do simple diagnosing and repairs, especially as these people can be unavailable or have to travel long distances to get to you. These days, you or one of your staff can be trained to perform first line diagnostics and repair on even the most complicated control system.
At Rom-Control, we provide in-house training workshops to educate your staff on how to effectively diagnose the issue and fix it. Our training programs are aimed at managers, electricians or even apprentices.
There are no educational or experience pre-requisites for attendees. The contents of this two-day course are expected to bring attendees up to an intermediate level and strengthen the following skills:
- Ability to apply knowledge of science and engineering fundamentals
- Ability to undertake problem identification, formulation, and solution
- Ability to communicate effectively, with the engineering team and with the community at large
- Ability to manage information and documentation
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities
Our courses aim to provide a high-level technical overview including:
- Discuss industrial systems and technologies (eg. communication protocols) in use today
- Understand the building blocks of control systems etc.
- Typical faults finding techniques and understanding the experience of others
- Precautions and considerations when swapping or repairing control system modules
On completion of this course, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the major control system components and how they can integrate together
- Diagnose major component failures such as modules and power supplies
- Requirements and considerations to swap modules in electrical and control system rack
- Simple board level experience swapping discrete components and IC level upload/download programs
Contact Rom-Control today to discuss about how we can help your staff improve their skill sets for your business.