A new service targeting those companies contemplating upgrading their process control system is now being made available to the Australian market by Rom-Control, formerly known as Eltiv Australia Electronic Engineering. This service is a proactive electronic circuit board refurbishment service.
It consists of a comprehensive set of engineering inspection, repair, refurbishment and test tasks performed on the electronic circuit boards of a process control system (PLC, DCS,CNC or any other specialised equipment).
At the end of this process, the control system will be upgraded to new technology levels and can be brought back in service immediately.
The list of the engineering steps taken to perform this service includes:
• Identifying the electronic components on the card
• Ensuring availability of the above components
• Inspecting the PCB for visible and mostly those faults that are not visible to the naked eye using sophisticated testing and inspection equipment
• Cleaning card and contacts
• Replacing all degradable components (capacitors, resistors, relays, diodes)
• Replacing damaged, compromised or low performance components (connectors, batteries, LEDs)
• Mounting sockets to all major ICs
• Correcting any PCB or circuit faults
• Quality inspection testing
• Commissioning the system
Some of the benefits of this service are:
• Substantial financial savings (40-60% )
• No other infrastructure, hardware or software modification required
• Significant reduction in production downtime
• No additional spare parts or training required
• Reduced life cycle costing
• Simple plug and play installation
The Service is available from Rom-Control as a stand alone product or packaged with a maintenance plan.”